Saturday, October 10, 2009

Food for Comfort

I borrowed these from Becky's blog, but I feel that they express so much of what is needed today. The soul needs to be fed with comfort words.


Russell M. Nelson
"Parents who have surrendered the sweetest and smallest flowers from the family's garden need to remember our Heavenly Father. He has promised a special reward to those who now suffer in silence, who spend long days and longer nights through their trying times of bereavement. Our Creator has promised glory. He said, "For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but nigh at hand."

(D&C 58:4) That promised glory includes the blessing of reunion with each child who has left the family circle to help surviving members of the family to draw nearer to God. Those children still live and are a heritage to the Lord."

Tessa Joy Bethards was laid to rest today, with the sun shinning bright in the sky. A calm and peace settled around, the joy of this little ones spirit filled us all.
Thank you to our Heavenly Father for this special gift, this special time with a choice spirit.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Definitely comforting words.

Jessica said...

What a sad situation. A friend of my friend had a baby early Friday morning and ended up losing him late Friday night. We aren't exactly sure what happened yet, something about his organs being pushed up and backwards. I googled what Tessa was diagnosed with and it sounds similar to what this little baby had. I am now interested to see if it was Trisomy 13. Both families are in my prayers.

Becky said...

I'm teary today for her family...