Monday, November 16, 2009

Sick Again

I can't believe this, but Arna is sick again. She has been waking up with fevers and seziures for a few days now, but no other symptoms. I was hoping that perhaps it was temp regulation issue, of course that isn't real easy to solve. But no Arna is fighting some thing. I took Arianna into the doctor this afternoon, hoping we could figure this out. Well our ped sent her for a chest x-ray, and after seeing that it was not any worse than her normal cloudiness we went for a CBC. The WBC came back at 30.5,(30,000) the last time she was that bad she had a strep-bacteria pneumonia. She sent us back to the lab, which is in the clinic, for blood cultures, a Phenobarb level and a UA. Then back to her for the first round of Rocefen shots, we have to go back in tomorrow for another. Her doc called tonight and said her UA came back clean. I know we haven't found out the exact cause of the fever yet, but it was a good start. The only test we didn't run was a VRP, but she doesn't seem to have the respiratory issues that would prompt us to do one. Her lungs are moving air really well for her. For now Arna is sleeping, went to bed at 6:40, I just hope she doesn't feel the need to wake up at 5:00. Please keep our family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh ick. Hope she didn't catch anything more gonig to the doctor! It's going to be a crazy winter. Prayers.

Team Carter Jay said...

I just found your blog, and will be praying for you :)