So Arianna decided she wanted to spend the weekend in the PICU. On Saturday afternoon she spiked a fever of 103 and hes resp rate was in the 80's, I had to increase her to 1.5 liters of O2 just to get her to sat 91. So I called for medical transport and we arrived at PCMC at 5:oo p.m. and were admitted to the PICU by 6:40. Her chest x-ray looks good with a small amount of junk in her upper left lobe, but it's not pneumonia, very good news. She spent the night on C-pap but today she is back on her nasal cannula and at a 1/2 liter of O2. She only wanted to sleep on her mommy, but of course the PICU rules about shift change and I had to put her down and she woke up, so sorry Ruby(her nurse). She is feeling better, she wants to play with her toes and get her daddy's nose. We hope that she will be able to come home in a day or two, I really don't want her to go to the floor, they just don't know how much attention she needs and I end up doing it all anyway, so let's just go home!
She has a motility study in radiology tomorrow if the PICU docs will let her go. I hope we can get a better idea of how her stomach empties and help her to decease the gas in her tummy
For now please pray she gets better and come home fast. Thanks, Julianna.
1 comment:
I hate that shift change rule! As much time as you’ve put in there, they should consider you part of the staff. I’m sorry you’re back in the PICU again. We will be keeping you in our prayers. I didn’t post a welcome, but I am glad that you are part of Intermountain Healing Hearts. I believe you will be able to contribute a lot. I don’t know if you read about the question posed regarding what we wish we knew or were glad we knew about the resources that the hospital has available during our first time there. It has been a few weeks ago that this was asked. They were considering what could be included in a care bag. I just thought you might be a good resource for answers to that question.
With Love,
The Hardman Family
Post a Comment