So I called this morning to check up on Arianna and they said we get to bring her home, they know that we don't like to go to the floor, we have all the medical things here at home to take care of suction and O2 and we can sleep in our own bed when she is sleeping. She is back to her home baseline, 1/4 liter and tolerating her feeds, so she must have listened to me last night while sleeping in my arms. I told her that mommy can hold her and rock her at home and she can play on the floor and sit in her swing if she just came home. I think she understands more than we know. She likes all the attention she gets at the hospital, all the nurses come by to play and talk with her, she just draws everyone in and they all just want to hold her and pinch her chubby cheeks. I think I can give just as much attention at home.
All of her labs did come back negative for RSV and all the other normal stuff they test for, her white blood cell count was high with a left shift, which means should could have a bacterial infection but they gave her a good dose of Rocefen(?) to fight it, it's routine, and she seems to have done just that. Lets just hope this is our only stay for the rest of the holiday season.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Julianna
4 comments:
Hey, Julianna,
It was nice to see you the other night. I'm sad that I didn't get to take care of Arianna this time, but it's great that she doesn't have to be at PCMC for very long. I did sneak in to see her on Saturday night. She has grown so much! I wish you guys the best at home. No offense, but I hope I don't see you again soon! :)
Jami
Hey, It sounds like we could have been ER buddies.... Well I am glad she is back home... I still haven't heard anything about the cultures for Alex... Talk to you soon..
Hey, It sounds like we could have been ER buddies.... Well I am glad she is back home... I still haven't heard anything about the cultures for Alex... Talk to you soon..
I am so happy that Arianna is doing better and gets to come home. I know at my house, we all sleep better when we are all under one roof (regardless of how many times we get up in the middle of night). My prayers are with you and your sweet princess.
~Crystal
Noah's Mommy
Post a Comment