Sunday, November 18, 2007

Arianna is getting more and more active, she loves to roll over anywhere she is, even in your arms. She is nicknamed 'wiggle wort'. We went and got our flu shots, she didn't even flinch, she is so used to getting poked. She now weighs in at 22lbs 14oz, feels more like 40lbs when you hold her, she doesn't help support her weight very much, she is getting better head and neck control though.



We are scheduled for a swallow study on Monday the 19th, I really hope she can start eating solids again, it would be nice to cut back on the tube feedings, they cause so much air in her tummy that we have to vent her every 45 mins. It really makes it hard to do anything else, Kenna gets worried when she has bad bubbles and obstructs her airway trying to push them out, even to the point that she vomits, Kenna asked me one day when Arianna was turning blue if she was going to baby heaven, I just started to cry, I told no and that she just had a burp stuck. I hate to see Kenna so upset, it breaks my heart every time she says anything about her sister dying. She is getting a better understanding about death, we had to put one of our dogs down due to cancer and Kenna knows that Jax is not coming home. She is having to grow up to quickly. She asked in the car what to do when people get dead, I was a little stunned and didn't have an answer, She then said she would call the fireman if Arianna died. What a smart girl.

I added some links to some informative websites to help those who don't know or understand what Trisomy 13 is. They really help us in the beginning.
I post when we get the results from the study.

No comments: