Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanks for all your prayers and concern. Arna has been doing fine, has not had another 'fling' episode but did have a space out one today. Her eyes fixed and her face went blank while we were playing. So yes I now realize this is something more than just random. I made and appt with neuro, but we wont see them until March 11th, hoping she can last that long. I will be taking her in tomorrow to get her phenobarb level checked.

I ask tonight that you pray for little Kyler. He has spina bifiada and is 6 months old. He had many complications with his gut, i.e. his bladder was on the outside which was repaired and was doing well at home. Recently he got sick and was put in the hospital. After going home on antibiotics an error was made with his med, which landed him back in the hospital with gut bleeding. Now the amount of TPN he has had to be on has destroyed his liver. He is also in need of a bowel transplant, which they do not do here in Utah, and the success rate is low. The doctors are not giving him much time.
Please pray for comfort in this difficult time.

Thanks for sharing your love and support.
Juli

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh no, poor baby! Seeing what my Emerson has gone through, I don't think I would put my child through that transplant. Give me time with him and let him go in peace. Sweet boy.

Em said...

I am so glad you left a comment because I lost your blog when our computer crashed! I am sorry that you have to wait so long for neuro. I hate that Primary's takes so long to get an appt. My sister has a niece that they are looking into a transplant with Stanford and/or the Children's hospital in Cincinnati and it is quite the ordeal. But I have gone through losing two children, and I have a different view than some, but totally respect that a parent knows their children, knows their little spirits, and knows what is best for them (most of the time since there are crazies, you know!) I am sorry you have been getting comments too. What horrible people out there!