I just haven't been up to it, or maybe because there is not much going on, I have neglected to update.
With the girls returning to school my mornings have been crazy. Arianna is up and dressed by 6:45, and on the bus by 7:20. She has a new bus driver that is still learning the ropes. A new school building, her class room is a lot smaller than the previous school and I am not sure I like that. She has a new nurse ridding the bus and taking care of her at school. And a new teacher, very nice, but also learning the ropes. I am trying to be nice and give all the changes a chance, see how it all works out. Arianna doesn't seem to mind any of the changes, she is just so easy going and loves everyone.
Arna's school went on a field trip to the Gateway Discovery, really not a nifty for a kid in a wheelchair, she did like to listen to the bong in the ball room, made her smile. We played a bit in the water fountains, and jammed in the sound and music mixing booth. Overall she really just loved the bus ride, very bouncy on the big yellow bus.
Kenna started at her new school as well, and seems to be adjusting and loving it. I am very impressed with her teacher and the style in which the kids are learning. I have seen more, and found that Kenna knows more than I thought in this one week in her new class. Kenna is now being the teacher around the house, showing me and Arna flash cards of sight words and teaching us what the word is. I LOVE IT.
Matt is ever busy with the house. I have helped with paint, all done. And now they are working on the flooring in the kitchen, base boards, changing light sockets and outlets, and purchasing and installing the appliances. We still plan the be in before February.
I had to lower Arnas crib to the lowest it could go, I found her arching her way out backwards the other morning, her head and shoulders were out and she was pushing with all her might on her heels to finish the job. Well now she is mad because she can't turn on her toys while just laying on her back, she has to push up tall, or sit up to do anything. Maybe it will be a benefit, and get her sitting more!!!
Still no word yet on her walker, it is still in medical review, whatever that means. I hope they don't take all year to decide.
And I am stealing my resolution from Natalie.
Find Joy in the Journey
it is not so much a resolution, but a way to live. How to deal with whatever may cross you path. and she has taught me that life continues, and faith will see you through.
now you are all up to date!
1 comment:
Woohoo for finding joy in the journey! It's a good theme. I'm glad you've joined me in it. :)
Post a Comment