Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is this a Seizure? help

I don't know what is going on, this is a new thing. Arna is doing this weird jerk, fling her arms out, and go stiff, mostly while sleeping. It wakes her just barely and continues till she is fully awake. Any of my blog moms have an idea? Is this a new form of seizure?
She doesn't do any of the normal things that I have seen following her previous seizures. such as crying or collapsing into a deep sleep.
This all started after school, she was asleep when she got off the bus so we left her in her chair, and then this fling thing happened and woke her up. She was awake so we took her out of the chair and let her play on the floor until her feeding. She then started to do it again, but then promptly stopped after 2 or 3 times. I called her peds office today, told them what was going on, but that she had no other signs of illness that usually goes with her recent seizure activity. They told me it was my call to come in and have her checked out. I pondered it, and decided to watch her to see if it continued, which she was fine until her 6:00 feeding. She fell asleep and after about ten mins she started it all over again. Now in her bed asleep for the night she doing it periodiclly.
need to get a hold or neuro.

Pray for her, that this will not continue.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sorry. I hope you get some answers. It's hard to say if they are seizures or not - because they come in all shapes and sizes. Ben doesn't have the typical reaction after his...so anything is possible. I'm curious to hear what neuro has to say. Praying for you guys!

Santiago's Story said...

Sorry to hear this.. I will keep her and ur family in my prayers I hope its nothing!! <3

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog from the Blankets for Babies site. We had a son with Trisomy 13 in 1994 but he died the night he and his twin brother were born. I will be praying for your family and following your blog. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! What a blessing she must be to your family!

Kristin said...

I hope it's nothing :)