Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blowing Off Steam

Re: The Oprah show. If you don't want to hear me complain, please don't read this.


Although I intended to watch, I guess I missed on purpose. The more I tought about it, and yes it is a good story to share, I felt a bit slighted. We, the families, that spend countless hours caring for our child should have been featured as well. I don't want to bring any offense to those that have lost their child, but I hope you can all see where I am coming from. All of our children are miracles, and that miracle is that they have survived long past the expectations of the medical community. I feel the ture miracle is that we, as parents, live each day as a becon of strength and love for the world to see, that we don't give up on ourselves, or the children we love and care for. That we strive to keep normalcy in our life, bring joy to those we meet. And continue to have families that are strong and full of love, however that family is put together.

I felt even more slighted when watching my local news last night, they showed a clip of the Herrin twins on the show, which I have met and spent lots of time with Erin, their mom, at the hospital. I know their story is remarkable, but so are we. I just wish we had more recognition. I am trying very hard at this moment to find the humility that should be here in my heart, that what I have been given is a gift from God, that it is not my glory but His. I suppose I just needed to let this all out. Thanks for letting me rant.
This pic of Arianna is kinda how I feel. Give the world a BIG Karate Hi-Ya!!

3 comments:

Nat said...

No mother get's enough recognition for all they do. You don't need Oprah to tell you that you are a good mom. :)

Melissa said...

It is hard. I am sorry. It doesn't ever seem fair when people "care" about other's child and not yours. Arianna is a Miracle Baby too!
Melissa - IHH

Elizabeth said...

Hi. I just wnted to let you know that you are in our prayers!