Sunday, April 27, 2008

We are Home

So we came home on Wednesday afternoon after a whole lot of stuff, so here's the scoop. On Monday they attempted to place a PICC but it didn't work, so the plan was to wait until her IV was done and then move forward with injections or oral meds. Tuesday morning the docs decided to try one more time for the PICC, and after trying the right arm, and right leg they were able to place one in the left arm. They kept her overnight due to the fact she was sedated and was having a difficult time coming out of it.
Now at home I am giving her the med injections and flushing the PICC everyday. I now feel every much a nurse as the ones at the hospital. I was asked often if I was a nurse, I said I got my degree from the school of life.
So I am really busy right now, trying to keep up with the kids and the house, so if I don't post often don't get mad, I am trying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your home. Take care.

Em said...

That is some of the best nursing there is, from life! Hopefully all continues to go well and good luck with the meds!
Hugs,
The Gourleys