Well to say that the last 4 days have been crazy would be an understatement. We have been on a roller coaster with Arianna, one day she has a fever the next it's gone, then the next it spikes to 104 and we are in the doctors office. We had chest x-rays, CBC and blood cultures, started antibiotics and the next day she is back to her playful self. Then the bad news comes that she is growing some bacteria in the cultures and we must go to the hospital for IV antibiotics, the injections and oral ones just won't cut it. So here we are, just Arianna and I , I sent Matt and Kenna camping, we were all going to go but when she had to come here I thought it would be unfair to Kenna to not let them have some fun.
We are hoping that this will be a short stay, and that we can finds a root cause to her chronic pneumonia, it would be nice to avoid this in the future. We know that as she gets older that her risk for it will decrease, but each time we have battled it now is wearing down this little fighter.
Today is her 22 month birthday, I know that most people don't celebrate such a milestone but each month, each day is a great blessing and to have had so much time and love with this little girl is worth celebrating, so I will get some cake later to enjoy for her.
Pray for her please, that we might get home soon and get back to life, and that it will be uneventful.
Julianna
1 comment:
I am sorry that you guys are back at the hospital. I hope that they can get her on some heavy duty antibiotics to fight the infection.
It's true, once you have a child that has health issues. . you celebrate each and everyday. I hope you find some yummy cake at the Rainbow Cafe to enjoy! Happy 22month Birthday Arianna.
Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment