What a sad and crazy day we had yesterday. I took Arianna into her Ped because she had a really wet cough, a fever of 102.6, and her o2 need had gone up to 1 liter. We did a breathing treatment in office and it didn't do to much to help, we then went in for a chest x-ray. Arianna has pneumonia again. Her doc sent us to PCMC by ambulance, when we got here they did a VRP and CBC, she came back with a white count of 30,000 with a left shift, which means bacteria. Her VRP came back positive for RSV. I am not sure where we picked up the bug, but she has a triple whammy. They have given her IV antibiotics and her CBC came at 15,000 this morning. She is really cranky and does not want mom to put her down, when she coughs she cries. I feel so helpless. At least we are not in the PICU, they are so full here, we waited five hours in the ED for a bed. I can only hope that they can get her well enough to let us go home real soon, we can do everything but IV there and I can sleep in my own bed. Your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated at this difficult time.
I will update when there is something new.
Julianna
No comments:
Post a Comment