I know, I know it has been too long since my last post, but we have been running in circles around here. So here's what's been happening. I took Arianna in for her 18 month check-up on Monday, can you believe she's that old, anyway things were great, her weight gain is good, her length is right on track with normal kids, and her head is growing well. But, her lungs were soooo gunky, Dr. Lisa said 'just humor me and let's get a chest x-ray'. And of course it looks bad real bad, she has pneumonia again, how you ask, well let's travel back to last Tuesday. We started to do some therapeutic oral feedings, and she loved it, did so well her OT and speech therapist were so proud, we only did two feedings in four days but she somehow got some in her lungs. So kiddo no more food, just tube feeds again. We now have a FEES study scheduled with her ENT in February. But back to the lungs, we got a shot of Rocefen on Monday and Tuesday and are now on Augmenten. On Tuesday we went to carido down in Orem, boy did I get lost, we were in the stadium parking lot at BYU when I should have been just west of Univ. mall, we were over 45 mins late, oh well. Dr. Day thinks things are going good and wants an echo done in two months, but she will not have to be sedated(yeah!).
On Wednesday was Kenna's ballet concert, she was so cute, but did not do much more than bounce and wiggle, it was great. We took her out for ice cream afterwards, I am glad I brought a change of clothes cause she was covered in chocolate sauce. I still have a ton of Christmas shopping to do, but I really do not want to take Arianna out in this windy weather, whatever I can do to keep her out of the hospital I will. So if there aren't that many presents under the tree and Arianna is home I am okay with that. We have to go get her Synagisis shot tomorrow morning. I don't think there has been a day this week when I didn't have some appt to keep, I am getting burned out, lets hope Santa gets me a day off for Christmas.
I will be praying for health and happiness for all of our friends this season.
Julianna
3 comments:
Arianna is in our prayers we hope that her bout with pneumonia will get better soon...if you need anything let us know.
Hugs, Mike
I’m sorry to hear that Arianna is struggling. We’ll email Santa and tell him that what we want for Christmas is for your family to have a day off to enjoy each other.
Merry Christmas Snell Family,
The Hardman’s
Just checking in to see how Arianna is doing and if she is getting over the Pneumonia? I hope you were able to have a relaxing Christmas as a family.
I will continue to keep Arianna in my prayers.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
Intermountain Healing Hearts
Post a Comment