I saw today that I have not updated since Nov, and that is just wrong. So much goes on and I just don't want to miss it, and I forget that I should share it with you all.
So in December, Arianna had surgery on her eye, they found an impacted sac connected to her tear duct system that could have lead to serious and unknown infections. The new duct tubes are working well, and her eye is looking great. She did get a small infection and over it quickly with meds.
We had a wonderful and quiet Christmas, our first in this house. It was great to decorate, hated putting it all away.
The new year has been good, no illnesses!!! I was, however, beginning to get concerned with Arianna's weight, she is really thin and long and bones started to poke out. After a visit with our ped we found that she is under weight by about 3 lbs( she weighs 32.9lbs). And with a full blood panel we found that she is anemic, has low blood glucose, low vitamin D and her calcium is low. Her ped is working with nutrition to get all the right stuff into her. I have been slowly increasing the amount of food she gets, its hard when she doesn't tolerate high volumes of fluid in her tummy.
She is burning allot more calories everyday, she is crawling like a pro. I am have a hard time keeping up with her. I will try to catch it on video and post it soon. She has also learned that you can stand up in a crib, not good for me. I am now totally scared that she is going to fall out on her head. The bed we would like to get for her is still under development, and we don't know when it will be available. My neighbor has offered to help Matt design and build something that will suit her needs and grow with her.
In just two weeks we will be heading to Kauai as a family. My MIL is taking hers boys and their families to the island to celebrate her 60th b-day and her mothers 91st b-day. This is going to be fun. Kenna has been talking about this trip for two years, and as the departure date approaches she is getting more and more excited, she can't wait to see the ocean.
I on the other hand am getting a bit nervous, not because I am flying, I am good with that. It is the traveling with Arianna that has got me on edge. All of the things that must be packed and all of the new rules for flying with liquids and such. I spent an hour on the phone with the airline and with TSA just to get all the info for her meds and food worked out, and the proper documentation for her oxygen concentrator. i have had to have both her ped and pulmo docs with letters stating why she must have all of her stuff, not that TSA will really read it, they just want you to have it. I will have to bring all her food in my carry on luggage to prevent it from freezing. Our flight goes from SLC to LAX with an 1 1/2 hour layover, and then five hours to Lehuie. I hope I can keep the kids happy and entertained.
I will post as many pics as I can of our wonderful vacation!
Hope all of our friends are doing well. Please know that I do think of you all often.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness what a gorgeous new picture! So, so dear. I certainly hope your flights go off without a hitch and you have an AMAZING time. That is so incredible that Arianna is standing in her crib. She is such a little miracle girl.
LOVE your new header pic!!
Post a Comment