Monday, September 20, 2010

She hates them....

So Arianna got worse since my last post. Her lungs took a turn for the ugly, and she got an ear infection while on anti-biotics. Her doc gave her two rounds of Rocefen and called her pulmo doc and cardio doc. Her pulmo doc added Tobi treatments to go along with her Vest, and increased those to 3 times a day. she is going to add pulmozyne treatments when we are done with the Tobi(only a two week round). Well this kid hates to have the mask on her face and to be held still for the 1/2 hour it takes to do Tobi, she yowls like a cat the whole time, I guess the benefit is that she gets more in her lungs while she does it. Then to be put in her chair for the Vest for another 20 mins, well it makes for a long hour. I have to get up at 5:30 to start all the treatments so that she can still go to school, and yes I kept her home for two whole weeks like the docs wanted. No more fevers and she is just ready to roll, loves to be at school. Glad to say that it has all been worth it and she sounds a ton better in her lungs!

My hat and heart goes out to all you moms of CF kiddos. I still don't know how you do it!

On a side note....A wild fire is burning in our valley, thanks to the effort and hard work of our firefighters only four homes were destroyed and no one was injured, well one fire fighter was bitten by a horse he was trying to move to safety. Send your prayers to those that are continuing to fight and those that have lost. I have many friends that live in the area affected, in fact we almost bought a house there, I am glad to know that they are all safe at this time!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Glad to hear she's doing better and gets to go back to school!