Tuesday, March 30, 2010

what is this funky feeling

I know that moving was what we needed to do, this house is great for all of us, but I really miss my friends and neighbors. Today I just feel so lonely. Arna is feeling a bit sick and has had some increased seizures today. We are stuck in the house cause I don't want to take her anywhere, the wind is blowing like crazy, so I can't spend time outside. Isolated is the word that keeps coming to mind when I try to describe how I feel. Seems silly the more I think about it, I have my kids to take care of, and Kenna keeps coming by to give me hugs, Thirsty is laying a my feet keeping them warm.
Perhaps I just want the sun to shine all day, no more gloomy clouds, I am so ready for the summer, for camping and outings with other adults.
I am excitedly planning our trip to South Dakota in July for the SOFT conference. We are going to take the weekend before it starts and travel through Jackson Hole, Yellowstone , and the Black Hills. I really can't wait.
I think I will go find some pics to scrapbook, Kenna always loves to help. Maybe that will snap me out of this lonely funk.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

ugh, I'm so sorry! Feeling lonely is the worst. And the wind is so scary!! Hope you are enjoying some scrapbook time.

Em said...

I know the feeling. I feel like I have cabin fever with this weather. I truly miss my home I grew up in because when April (and pretty much March hit) we had spring, something I do not think Utah weather understands. Yuck.