So I was sitting here debating what I was going to do. Should I work on the blankie Lacey has me doing, play with my Ipod, read a bit, update my Blog, or just go to sleep? Well we can see which one won tonight.
It has been a bit rough here, Arianna is doing good, but she doesn't like to be confined. She is in a bit of pain and the Lortab does not do much to help. She was wild and restless yesterday when all the drugs from the surgery wore off. I asked for pain meds, and they didn't help. I asked for Ativan, I know it works, and the doc said 'no we don't feel comfortable with that plan, it could make her breathing difficult (it really relaxes you), just try some 'Nuben', it will help.' NO it does not help, it made her even more wild. Have you ever tried to hold on to a thirty pound Bass fish? If not come hold Arna and you will see ow much fun it can be(lol). She has this drain in her head, and with all of her thrashing about I was afraid she would pull it out. So I had to hold her in my arms, I think they are about to fall off.
Well I kept bugging our nurse to get the docs over here and to get her some Ativan. Five hours after surgery and three hours of total wild girl, the attending agreed with me after coming in to see her and got some for her, she calmed down and went to sleep at 7:00 and stayed that way till 6:00a.m. She had a worn her self out completely. Why could they not just listen to me. I know my child and I am not new to this whole thing, I know what works.
So today she was feeling even more grumpy, the Lortab makes it so she can't poop. I asked for a suppository to get the ball rolling. I was holding Arna when our nurse came to put it in and well she put it in the wrong hole, but we both did not realize this until i check her and well it was poking out. I called for her and the tech came in , i told her what had happened and she went for the nurse. When she came in she told me that now that she thinks about it that was a little too easy to get in. So long story short, we start over again, right hole, and a load of poo later I make them change, she is feeling more comfortable. We have had to keep up on the Ativan or she just thrashes about. And she really just wants to be held while she sleeps, no fun for me my butt goes to sleep.
Matt, Kenna, and my parents came up last night and tonight to have dinner with us. It's nice to be with them, we both miss them all. My sister made cookies and brought them up, yum yum!
I have taken Arna for a couple of walks, but the stroller they have to use is too small and does not have shoulder straps, so she tries to fall out. The doc thinks that the drain will come out tomorrow and we will be able to go home, how nice, I miss my bed!
But sleep is now calling me and I can no long keep my eyes open. Good Night all!!!
1 comment:
How are things now? I'm SO sorry that they wouldn't listen to you - so frustrating. Should be LAW in all medical centers...PARENTS KNOW BEST. Hope she is feeling much better.
Post a Comment