Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In the Hospital

So yesterday Arianna woke up with a high fever and she was having break through seziures. I took her temp and it was 103.6, i gave her mortin and it went down to 102.5 and pretty much stayed there. Her O2 need increased to 1 ltr and I got and bit nervous. I thought we were on the mend from the metapneumo crud. Her ped is out of town and the other docs in the office didn't have an open appt, I through my caution to the wind and got Arianna up to the ER. What a wait we had. The docs finally came in, did the routine check, sent us for an X-ray of her chest and did a VRP and urine culture. Chest was not any worse, VRP came back negative and the urine was clean, so what is causing this fever I ask. They wanted to keep us overnight but I thought why, she is not any sicker than what I can handle. The floor attending doc came in, he knows us well, and I asked why can't we go home. He thought the same thing until he looked in her ears, her right on was infected. Mind you thie is the first time any one has looked and we had been in the ED for 4 1/2 hours. He tought we should get a CBC and blood cultures. She has a white cell count of 45,000, the ER doc has not ever seen one that high she said, so we got are papers to move on up to the floor. They are giving her IV antibiotics and trying to keep the fever in check. She slept well, and so did I, the nurse we have is really great. I hope this will be a short stay, I know how much Arianna is missing being able to roll on the floor.
Pray for her quick recovery!!!
Julianna

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck! I hope you know what is going on soonand that she starts feeling better! Let us know if you need ANYTHING!!!
Melissa - IHH

Christina said...

I hope that she gets feeling better quickly!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina from IHH
Jacob's Momma

The Snells said...

I sure hope your stay is SHORT!! that ER up there is a joke right now, huh?!! let me know if there is anything scott or I can do, even if its just watching kenna for a few hrs so your mom or whoever has her can have a small break!