Well it has been very crazy in our house for the past two weeks and I just haven't found the time or strength to post. Where to begin, Kenna and I had a blast at the Disney Princess show, it was great to see our friends, I also enjoyed the one on one time with her, we needed it. That night Kenna came down with a fever of 104, and complained that it hurt to breath. I got the fever down and she felt a bit better, the cough seemed to linger. The next morning I was the one who was sick, and it took a week to get over it, I still have a bit of a cough but over all I am feeling good, Kenna too. I was most surprised that Arianna did not get sick with us, she waited until last Thursday. She had a fever in her right ear but not her left, I knew that could mean only one thing, ear infection. I took her in to the doc and confirmed what I already knew. She started her on some antibiotics and told me to keep an eye on the fever. Well on Friday she hit 103 and I took her back in, they did a chest x-ray and it looked bad, pneumonia again. We got a Rocefen shot and a dose of Tylenol while there and she just went to sleep, so tuckered out. She did a lot of sleeping on Saturday and seemed more like her self by that evening. We went out for Gavin's blessing on Sunday and she was happy. This morning she had a strange wheeze but her o2 sat levels were good. I still took her in cause we don't take chances with her. Another chest x-ray and it's even worse than Friday, but she still had good air movement in her lungs. We are trying a new breathing treatment and she is getting oral steroids to keep her upper airway open, let's pray it works and she can stay out of the hospital.
I also had a doctors appt today, I found a lump on my ankle and it hurts. The doc says the only treatment is to remove it, so I will be going in for surgery next week(?) it should be a simple out patient, and I will be back and running around the next day. Let's hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment