Monday, August 22, 2011

Random Things

Since I really don't find the energy to do much these days, lots of things have been neglected, such as this blog, the laundry, the dishes and well just about everything in the house. I do however manage to bathe, clothe and feed the kids, me on the other hand I really don't like much of anything to eat, I still struggle to get food to the baby in my belly but I keep trying.

So Kenna has been in the second grade for 4 weeks now and is really enjoying it. She has one really good friend in her class, makes her feel better. She is doing well with spelling and math, and loves art time. It really brings me back to the days when i didn't know how to read and spell, and math was a struggle, I hope I can be a good teacher to her.

Arianna will start school on the 29th, she wishes it was now, she is bored and done with summer. She needs her own time to learn and play away from home. I remember when I first put her on the bus two years ago and thought how will I get through the day with out taking care of her? How will she be without mommy there to watch over her? Now I know better. Although it is still hard to say goodbye on the first day, I know that she is in good hands and that she loves to be there. I know I can not provide everything for her everyday and I am glad there is a school that can do all that she needs.

We had our 14 week baby check last week and I am measuring at 15 weeks. Very interesting. Either my dates are off or this is a really happy and big baby. I can alreay feel little thumps and flutters. Can't wait until the end of September to find out if it is a boy or girl.

We also went camping over the weekend, Kenna had so much fun riding on her four wheeler, she even took me for a spin. On our way to our camping destination we stopped in Heber to have some dinner at Arby's. While there a gentleman walked up to our table and put his hand out to Matt and said, 'It would make me very happy to buy your dinner tonight. You have such a special family.' and gave Matt money. I of course started to cry, being that I am pregers I do that. We all said thank you and the man left. I asked Matt yesterday how much the man gave us, and he told me $50. I could not believe the heart of this man. Someone we don't know and would never meet again. All I can figure is that he must have been touched in a very personal way by someone with special needs. I will be forever grateful for his example to my family, to the gift of love he shared. I will someday pass it forward.

No comments: