Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer is to short and ever so busy. We spent a five day weekend at Starvation, camping with old high school friends. Matt and Kenna spent lots of time on the boat, Arianna and I only went out twice, but we still had a good time in the water and on the beach. I also took her for a ride on the tube behind the boat, she liked the wind in her face.

Kenna has been in swimming lessons three days a week since the beginning of July, she loves the water and is enjoying it.

Matt gave me a tandem bike for my birthday. We have a bike trailer so we hook it on and take the girls for lots of rides, again Arianna loves the wind in her face.

I took Kenna to Lagoon for her very first time on Friday. She is a brave kid. She went on the Bat, the Wild Mouse, and the Centennial Screamer. She also tried out the Lady Bug, sounds so innocent, but no, it lifts you up on a tall shaft and then rotates and drops, then up and down many more times. She said to me 'I tried it once and that is all I will do,I don't want to do it again I may barf'. Her very fav was the Jumping Dragon. We spent the whole day there, got home about midnight and then slept in till 10.



I had not been feeling quiet right for about a month, always exhausted, and very nauseated. Before you get to excited, no I am not pregnant. I went to me doctor, had lots of labs done, and found that I am very depleted in vitamin D. I am now on a high dose twice a week, and feeling much better. But then about two weeks ago I came down with a bad cough. Again I went to the doctor and I have bronchitis. They put me on an inhaler and antibiotics for a persistent sinus infection. My sinus' is getting better, but I am still coughing, and it hurts, sounds as if I am trying to get a lung out. I can only hope it clears soon.



Getting ready for school to start again, Kenna goes to first grade on Aug 17. Took her clothes shopping yesterday, good thing Grammy wanted to buy her some items. She picked out some very stylish outfits, made my realize that she is not a little kid anymore, growing up way too fast.

Arianna will begin school on the 23, not sure yet if school will be a full day for her or not, the school was still working on it. Don't know what I will do with myself all alone everyday, maybe get my scrap booking done!!

3 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

It was SO nice meeting you and the girls today! I'm so happy to have some new friends!!! :)

Em said...

I am sorry you have not been feeling well. Hopefully they will get you feeling better and you can enjoy the quiet moments once school starts. I know that must be bittersweet but it is pretty exciting for your girls to be growing, although truly our little ones are not little for very long!

Jenny said...

Hello -- you don't know me, but I found your blog through someone else's. I have been reading a bit of your older stuff -- getting to you know your beautiful family. It was amazing to me how similar your daughter's life and my own daughter's started. While I was pregnant, they thought she may have Trisomy 13 -- and told me to prepare for her not to make it. She does have other issues -- but we do the seizures and have done the crani work for metopic synostosis. I marvel at your daughter's strength and determination. What a blessing. You are more than welcome to find me at http://lilsamsquatch.blogspot.com or our family blog is http://marcusandjenny.blogspot.com

~Jenny