We did it. We made to Denver and home again, what a drive. The kids did great, I was the one that needed the potty breaks. We had a great time and made tons of new friends, and caught up with the old ones. I have tons of pics and I will post them when Matt lets me have the computer back.
Kenna is a swimming fool, we spent time each day in the pool, had a hard time getting her out for meals or bed. We went to the aquarium as a family, the kids loved it, Arianna loved to watch the sharks, they were big and moved overhead.
There is an annual balloon release to remember those children that have passed, I get so emotional when the name of the kiddo that I am releasing a balloon for is read. I feel a great connection to the family that has loved and lost their child. I don't think there was a dry eye that afternoon.
We spent time at the new Children's Hospital, very nice, and met with doctors that could give us new insight in to helping Arianna to grow and thrive. It is nice to know that our children a being treated as any other child instead of a statistic. The medical community has come a long way, even in the past two years.
We met a family from Nebraska with a daughter with full Trisomy 13, she is the oldest at 22 years. She is beautiful, about the size of a 10 yr old, but she is the light and joy of her parents. She spends time ridding horses, and tubing behind the boat, all with some assistance. I have found great inspiration from them.
We also made friends with a couple from Cali, they have a 17month old, she is a partial 13, and is doing great. Arianna was teaching her how to roll over. We hope to visit them soon.
I was sad to see the conference end, I will miss our friends. Next year conference will be in Virginia, we'll see if we can make it.
Arianna is now fighting another round of pneumonia, she aspirated while in Denver and the climate and elevation change didn't help. We are fighting it and praying it will pass quickly.
We also lost a friend this past week. Our little buddy Isaac lost his heart battle, and returned to our Heavenly Father, please pray for his family at this time of need.
2 comments:
Just wanted to stop by to say HI! I am praying that Arianna gets well quickly. I enjoyed meeting you at the conference and being able to spend time with you. If I had known that Arianna was giving lessons in rolling over, I would have had Annabel in line. We go one way but not the other. I will keep checking to see how she is doing. CAthy & Annabel(T18)
Just thought I would let you know I was checking in to see how things are going.. . .as I think about you and Arianna.
I hope that she is now feeling better.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment