So we had an appt with our ENT on Friday, he has suggested in the past that we should remove Arianna's tonsils when she turns 2. Well he feels it is now time to do it, she has grown so much and is big enough to under-go this procedure. We are scheduled for Monday June 9th, I was hoping that we would not spend another birthday in the hospital, and we still may not, but Arianna does things at her own pace but maybe she will be home by the 19th. We are very hopeful that this will help her airway improve and that she will no longer aspirate, she will have Botox injections in some of her salivary glands to decrease the amount of spit she makes, this should help her a great deal.
Happy Mother's Day!!!
2 comments:
I am hoping that having her tonsils removed will also help her. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and checking in to see how things are going.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
I've enjoyed reading through your blog. We had a son with Trisomy 13 born in Aug 2003-- he lived 2 days. We just found out the baby we are expecting in Dec also probably has Trisomy 13. We'll find out for sure in a few weeks with an amnio. It's nice to read about some of the kids who have had Trisomy 13 and lived and blessed their families. It's nice to have that hope. Thanks. I hope Arianna continues to thrive and grow!!!
Post a Comment